We love it when our customers share how they use our pasture-raised meats and eggs. This easy recipe was sent to us from Dianna Dunn. If you have a recipe to share we’d love to pass it on! (By the way, Dianna’s enchiladas look better than these I made. They still taste great, though.)
What You’ll Need:
- 1lb chicken breast or leftover whole chicken
- 4-5 slices bacon
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 cup picante
- 1 16 oz can black beans (undrained)
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 package tortillas or wraps (jalapeno wrap is shown)
- Monterey Jack/ Colby cheese (pepper jack cheese works, too)
- Chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Cook bacon. Remove from skillet and drain most fat.
- Cook chicken and garlic in skillet until done.
- Stir in picante, beans, red pepper, cumin and salt. Simmer on medium/low heat until thickened. (About 8-10 minutes.)
- Add green onions and crumbled bacon.
- Spoon onto tortillas/ wraps with some cheese.
- Roll up and place into a greased baking dish. (You can add any remaining chicken/bean mixture on top.)
- Sprinkle top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve with sour cream, chopped jalapeños and your other favorite condiments.