Here’s another quick and wonderful recipe shared by our good friend and customer, Dianna. It uses our ClemTuck Farm ground chicken to make a moist and full of flavor patty that takes less than an hour to prepare. Use it for burgers or as a stand-alone entree as we did here. The mixture creates a rather messy slurry that requires 10 minutes or so in the fridge or freezer in order to be frying-pan-ready. Once you’ve fixed this for your family we’re sure it will become a regular at your dinner table.
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 medium red onion
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2+ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Mash the 1/2 avocado with a fork in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Mix Worcestershire, garlic powder, cumin, mayonnaise, Sriracha, and salt to the avocado.
- Grate the onion and mix into the avocado.
- Add the ground chicken and thoroughly combine all ingredients until mixture is homogeneous. It will be very wet and sloppy.
- Drizzle oil on a large plate. With a serving spoon, divide the mixture into 4-6 balls. Place on plate and, using either oiled hands, an oiled spatula bottom or other device, flatten the mixture into patties.
- Chill patties, uncovered, for at least 10 minutes and up to 2 hours. This will help firm the patties in preparation for frying. (You can cover the patties with plastic wrap and they’ll keep in the fridge for up to 2 days. Freeze for longer storage, being sure to thaw before cooking.)
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Carefully slide patties into skillet. Do not press down on them. Cook for 5 minutes until dark brown underneath. Turn and cook on second side until fully cooked, about another 5 minutes.
- Enjoy as a burger perhaps with some Sriracha mixed into mayonnaise with avocado slices or as a stand alone entree.