Here’s another great recipe from one of our customers, Julie Keeran. It’s actually her husband, Mark’s, recipe but she got him to share it with us. This is a quick-to-make versatile dish. Add a tomato sauce and pasta for a trip to Italy. With a cream sauce and some mushrooms you can make a stroganoff. Stick some toothpicks in them and you have a really tasty party appetizer for the holiday season. Enjoy!
What You’ll Need
- 1lb Ground Chicken
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 C Italian Seasonings Blend
- 1 T Garlic Powder
- 1/3 C Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1/3 C Grated parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 t Salt
- 1/4 t Black Pepper
- 1-2 T extra virgin olive oil
- Beat egg in large mixing bowl.
- Add ground chicken, italian seasonings, garlic powder, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to mixing bowl and combine well.
- Form into balls using a tablespoon of mixture for smaller meatballs. For larger meatballs use 1/4 cup of mixture.
- Optional: Cover plate with additional garlic powder and roll each meatball in the powder.
- Place meatballs in freezer for 10-15 minutes to firm up.
- In medium skillet heat heat olive oil over medium/ medium low heat.
- Add meatballs and cover.
- Turn meatballs occasionally and cook until nicely browned and fully cooked.
- Add desired sauce and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Makes about 25 smaller meatballs.