This isn’t the greatest photo of the meatloaf but by the time I got around to taking one this was all that was left. Yes. It’s that good. Our friend and ClemTuck Farm customer, Cindy, shared this early in the year. Even though we’ve had it several times we haven’t had time to post the recipe until now. It’s an easy recipe, too, one that can be adjusted to the ingredients on hand. This version uses Calabrian peppers. They come in a jar and can be found in most groceries nowadays. Bell peppers would work just fine, they’re a bit milder than we prefer is all. Also feel free to top the meatloaf with cheeses, seasoned tomato sauce or maybe a mayonnaise, hot sauce with a bit of brown sugar topping. No rules. And, like all good meatloafs, this makes dandy next day sandwiches.
What You’ll Need:
2lb ClemTuck Farm ground chicken
1 teaspoon salt
Fresh pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon dry thyme
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
1/2 lemon, squeezed and zested
1/3 cup chopped Calabrian peppers
2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a loaf pan with butter or pan spray.
- Add all ingredients together in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pour ingredients into loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Top with topping of your choice, if any.
- Place in oven and bake for 50 minutes..
- Turn off oven and let loaf cool in oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove and serve.