We tested a lot of different recipes for buffalo wings in the ClemTuck Farm test kitchen before we happened on this one. Hands down, this is the best we tried. The baked wings come out crispy. The trick is in the baking powder and the two stage baking process. The sauce has a garlicy flavor that gives a nice undertone to the hot sauce. It’s optional but recommended. Try this at your next party, but be ready to share the recipe.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 2lb ClemTuck Farm chicken wings, separated and tips removed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup hot sauce, Frank’s is traditional, but any Louisiana-style sauce will do
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set oven to 250 degrees
- Pat the wings dry. This helps to crisp them in the oven.
- In a large bowl add the chili powder, baking powder, garlic powder, wings and salt and pepper. Toss to coat the wings.
- Place the wings on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- Raise the oven temperature to 425 degrees and continue baking for another 25-30 minutes or until wings are brown and crispy. Remove from oven and place in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a sauce pan melt the butter with the hot sauce under low heat. Add pepper flakes and minced garlic. Heat for another minute.
- Pour sauce over wings and mix.
- Serve and enjoy!