I grew up eating pot roast with carrots, onions and potatoes. The roast was fine, but I liked the veggies more. So when we were searching for beef recipes to showcase our very first beef for sale we came across this one. Who knew the good folks of Mississippi had a transformative way to cook roasts. Who knew YouTube would share their secret with everyone — for free.
Inexpensive, simple and awesome. Serve it to company. They’ll love it…. but you’ll have to fight them to get seconds.
What You’ll Need:
- A crockpot
- 1 ClemTuck Farm roast (rump, chuck, etc)
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
- 1 packet McCormick Au Jus gravy
- Some jarred peperoncini peppers (sliced or whole). I use @ 1/4 cup or more.
- 1 whole stick butter
- Place roast in bottom of crockpot.
- Sprinkle the packet of ranch dressing over the roast.
- Sprinkle the packet of au jus gravy over the roast.
- Spread the drained peperoncinis over the roast.
- Place the whole stick of butter on top of it all.
- Place the lid on the crockpot. Set timer for 6- 8 hours on low setting. (Note crockpots vary some. 8 hours works for a 3+lb roast in ours.)
- Shred the beef and serve. (Mashed potatoes go nicely.)