This is an easy recipe that results in fall-off-the-bone chicken and a broth to pour over rice and veggies.
What You’ll Need:
- 3 lbs chicken legs/ wings
- 6 chopped scallions
- 2/3 C soy sauce
- 2 C homemade chicken stock (see recipe)
- 3 C rice wine or cooking sherry
- 8 quarter-sized slices of fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic (smashed)
- 2 – 3 T raw or brown sugar
- 1 t red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 T sesame oil (added just before serving)
- water to cover
- Mix all ingredients, except chicken and sesame oil, in a pot.
- Add chicken and add water to cover.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for about an hour.
- Add the sesame oil and serve.